Download to your Outlook Calendar
Miquelon Lake Provincial Park (1/29/2017)PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED: Once you've reviewed the event details, and decided you'd like to join us, you MUST sign up at the bottom of this page.
You are STRONGLY encouraged to read this page in its entirety before signing up. If you'd like to attend, we ask that you abide by our rules and procedures as a time/cost saving process (with an end result of keeping membership free and lower cost events).
|Event Location:||Miquelon Lake Provincial Park|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sun, Jan 29 2017 10:45 AM (Carpool Departure: 9:45 AM *log in for location*)|
|Registration Cut Off:||Sun, Jan 29 2017 8:30:00 AM|
|Event Duration:||5-6 hours inlcuding travel|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
You must be logged in to get the Event Coordinator contact information.
|Member Cost:||Voluntary Donation Only (See Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||15|
|Minimum Group Size:||3|
|Number Registered So Far:||3 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
Let's head out for a day hike to Miquelon Lake Provincial Park and meet up with the EOCers who camped overnight and hike about 10km.
**Please note: This hiking event will NOT be a backpack training event, unless you want to carry a backpack. I'll just have my daypack and wearing my hiking boots with ice grips.
Miquelon Lake Provincial Park is located southeast of Edmonton and has a substantial trail network - click HERE for the link. Miquelon's back country trails include a wide variety of terrain, including beaver ponds, marshes, aspen forest, spruce bog and muskeg.
There is a carpool available for this event, please contact me for details.
From there, we will drive out to Miquelon Lake Provincial Park. For those meeting at Miquelon Lake, we will aim to be there for around 10:45AM and we hope to start the hike by 11:00AM.
- From Hwy 21:
- When you pass New Sarepta, there will be a sign directing you to turn left (east) onto Hwy 623 to access the park. Follow Hwy 623 and look out for another sign sign telling you to turn left to access Miquelon Lake PP.
- Once you get to Miquelon, to get to the backcountry trail head, go through the park gates and stay right.
- You will pass the interpretive centre and the staff housing road. Turn into the 'Group Use Areas 1-2' where you will see a baseball diamond and parking. We will meet there.
- The trail starts just a few hundred feet ahead to your right.
**IMPORTANT!! PLEASE CHECK THE ROUTE WITH GOOGLE MAPS/STREETVIEW BEFOREHAND, SO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING! THE ROUTE I HAVE DESCRIBED IS THE MOST STRAIGHTFORWARD ONE FROM EDMONTON, SO PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANY "SCENIC DETOURS"!**
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||Go straight east from Edmonton. Turn south on Hwy 21 until you pass New Sarepta. Turn left at the sign for Miquelon lake Provincial Park. The park is a few kilometers farther on.|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||120Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||9:45 AM|
|Carpool Location:||Log in for location|
|Carpool Directions:||Log in for directions|
|Carpool Cost:||The event coordinator(s) will help you to arrange a centralized carpool if you require it, but it's not guaranteed. Please DO NOT pay your driver en route. Passengers will pay the coordinator, and he/she will distribute the money to the carpool drivers. SO PLEASE BRING CASH!!! Approximate vehicle expense for this event is $27.60 (calculated at total Km * $0.23, effective Tuesday, April 25, 2017). This is based on $0.09/Km for maintenance, plus current gas price divided by 9. This cost will be multiplied by the number of carpooled cars, and divided by the number of carpool participants.|
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in EOC events.
- Please scroll through and read the entire online waiver when you sign up.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
|Voluntary Donation: ( What is this?)|
Suggested donation amount for this event is: $2.00/Person.
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!