|Event Location:||1006 103A St SW, South Parking Lot|
|Date(s) & Time:||Wed, Aug 26 2020 6:30 PM|
|Registration Cut Off:||Wed, Aug 26 2020 5:45:00 PM|
|Event Duration:||2 hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
You must be logged in to get the Event Coordinator contact information.
|Member Cost:||Voluntary Donation Only (See Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||14|
|Minimum Group Size:||3|
|Number Registered So Far:||13 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||Yes|
|Please read all details in red
below and and event details,
including all Covid-19 group precautions before
signing up! All activities are being offered in
full compliance with current provincial and
federal COVID standards (links below for more
We will be hiking in staggered groups of four. At times we will be two abreast (box shape with 6 feet or more apart), and other times we will need to be distanced while in single file and step off the trail or pathway briefly to let others pass safely.
We will meet in the South parking lot at Fountain Tire Office SW (see directions below). We will meet at 6:20 PM and leave at 6:30 PM sharp.
We will walk along the Blackmud Creek forested trails continue to follow the creek to some very scenic ravine trails via the Bearspaw neighbourhood for a loop back to Ellerslie. The event should be about two hours long and has a brisk pace over 5 km/hr.
Be sure to bring water and if need be, trail mix, power bars, to keep hydrated and energized during the hike.
Please check your emails the day of the event in case of any weather warnings, or special weather considerations.
Dogs are welcome on this hike, however they must be *leashed because there is no off-leash area where we are going. If you are bringing your dog(s) please note this when you sign up for the event.
At the meeting place Mark will have a bright
Edmonton Outdoor Club baseball cap.
1. Create social space. Avoid greeting each other where there is the potential for skin-to- skin contact, such as hugs or handshakes or high- fives. . When in doubt, share a friendly wave and 'hello'. Blow your nose, cough, sneeze, or clear your airway at least 2 metres away from others. Don't use clothing to wipe. Wear a mask in public places to help limit the risk of spread to others if you will be within 2 metres of people other than members of your own household.
2. Are you in a high- risk category? Consider self- isolating if you are in a category with an immunocompromised system. Consultations with respiratory therapists indicate that individuals who suffer from asthma should exercise the same level of care they would exercise with other viruses. Alberta's Chief Medical Officer has stated individuals over 60, or anybody with pre- existing medical conditions are at increased risk of complications from Coronvirus (COVID-19).
3. Are you feeling unwell? Are you feeling unwell? If you have a cough or flu-like symptoms, you must stay home, and should consider getting yourself tested by calling 8-1-1. Also the Alberta government states if you have symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat or runny nose, you MUST self-isolate for 10 days after the onset of symptoms and until your symptoms have resolved (whichever is longer). *If you are in mandatory self-isolation you can not legally go outside for a walk through your neighbourhood or park.
4. Your EOC event hosts are volunteers. Participants are responsible for assessing the current road conditions, current weather conditions, their current physical condition, current trail conditions, and are responsible for their own safety and well-being.
5. Please no sharing of food and drinks; as well no carpooling.
6. Further important considerations:
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||Just off Calgary trail on Ellerslie Road, turn
South on 103A
Street. You will see Tim Hortons, and Fountain
building. Turn into parking lot and park in the
South parking lot
of the Fountain Tire multi floor office
Look for Mark with a Blue EOC cap, or the group
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in EOC events.
- Please scroll through and read the entire online waiver when you sign up.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
|Voluntary Donation: ( What is this?)|
Suggested donation amount for this event is: $2.00/Person.
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!