|Event Location:||North Saskatchewan River|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Sep 9 2017 8:45 AM|
|Registration Cut Off:||Mon, Sep 4 2017 11:55:00 PM|
|Event Duration:||Full day|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Moderate|
You must be logged in to get the Event Coordinator contact information.
|Member Cost:||$55.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
|Who's Invited:||Members Only, 18 And Older Only|
|Maximum Group Size:||12|
|Minimum Group Size:||6|
|Number Registered So Far:||10 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)|
|Are Dogs Permitted:||No|
Edmonton Canoe (an Edmonton
outfitter) will shuttle the group by bus to Devon,
we will then paddle in tandem canoes (or kayaks if
you have the paddling experience) along the
historic North Saskatchewan River from Devon to
Edmonton (Groat Road). We meet at Emily Murphy
Park at 8:45 am and leave the cars there, and will
paddle back to our cars!! (No items can be left
on the bus.) While on the river we will make a
stop for lunch. The river is flat with no rapids
and we will be paddling approximately 40 km.|
All participants must wear life jackets at all times while on the water.
All participants must know how to swim.
Approximately 5-7 hours will be spent on the river depending on water level.
In the notes section when you sign up, please let me know your level of expertise. Do you steer? Do you need a competant person in the stern? I will be pairing up everyone according to skill level, but you can request to paddle with someone.
Notice: this trip may not be filled if there are too many beginner canoeists, and not enough competant sterns.
This event will be cancelled if water flow rates exceed 500 cubic meters per second, and a full refund will be issued.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||Meet at Emily Murphy Park at 8:45 am. The park
is on the south side of Groat Bridge, east of
Groat Road. Take the parks exit off Groat Road
then follow the signs to Emily Murphy Park.|
Drive into the park and turn left at the river. We meet in the parking lot next to the Groat Road Bridge.
We expect to arrive back at Emily Murphy Park and our cars around 4:30 pm.
Beginner, novice and intermediate paddlers are all
welcome and a moderate fitness level is required.
I'm away much of August, so if your money is not
recorded, don't worry. Our computer system keeps
track of who pays when, and I will update
everything when I return.
- Registration is NOT COMPLETE until you've signed up and paid by the registration cut off date. The money must be in the EOC's possession by that date. No exceptions.
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met. For any events where EOC needs a minimum number of participants, there will be absolutely no refunds of money if you cancel.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in EOC events.
- Please scroll through and read the entire online waiver when you sign up.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||Transportation from Emily Murphy Park to Devon, rental of
canoes, life jackets, paddles, safety equipment
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the EOC on Mon, Sep 4 2017.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!
*Note: Cancelling after the registration cut off will result in loss of payment. No refunds unless you can replace yourself.